AKA: "Friends of Internationals - Clemson BCM"
We believe International Students, in North America
are the most strategic agents
to fulfill the Great Commission.
God is doing a new thing! (Is. 43:19)
And so are we at Friends of Internationals. It’s all about relationships: with students, with God, with each other.
I have a dream! Thousands of families mobilized out of hundreds of churches, serving ALL of the international students at Clemson very well.
Why? Because together, with God’s help, I believe we can share the Good News of Jesus Christ with each and every International Student.
- How? It's time to reorganize.
- We have spent the past year considering and planning for change.
- We have begun the process to establish a 501(c)3 Non-Profit entity to lead and cooperate with 5 local associations of churches (Beaverdam, Pickens Twelve Mile, Piedmont, Saluda & Palmetto).
- We are asking each partner church to establish a team to do 2 things: 1) lead and mobilize the church into appropriate ministries to International Students, and 2) cooperate with Friends of Internationals and the other partner churches to multiply ministries to International Students.
- For the last many years, we have served by planning events, hoping that God's People would share the Gospel as we helped connect them to international students.
- We are ready to shift the rolls around so that the ideas and events to begin to come from the heart of God through the churches. We want to help create a network of cooperation.
- Funding Friends of Internationals
As a Mission Service Corp (MSC) Missionary, I am responsible for raising my family’s financial support. This may come as a surprise to many of you, but we are not funded through the Cooperative Program. It is primarily families, like yours, that support us through monthly contributions. If the LORD leads, your support would be greatly appreciated.
You can learn more about funding here: funding-cu-friends
To begin supporting us is not hard. Simply pray, discuss with your family and visit: http://bit.ly/J-AVarner. From there you will enter an amount and click Give. Then you will be able to choose to make it recurring, the type (credit card, check or PayPal), & fill in your information.
We have been operating well under our budget and really need your support. Here are some numbers to help you see clearly the need:
- Our Monthly Income Goal: $5,400.00
- Average Monthly Income (2016): $3,677.75 (68% of goal)
- Ave Monthly Income (2015): $3,764.50 (70% of goal)
Help Us Finish the 2017-18 School Year Strong.
Become a Financial Partner Here: http://bit.ly/J-AVarner
We also ask churches to promote & collect an annual
"Independence Day Offering for International Student Ministry."
- We have prepared a sample Bulletin Insert (FOI_-_Bulletin_Insert-2017g.pdf) and would be happy to edit it to fit your needs.
Thank you for all you do to make ministry to international students at Clemson possible.
- Other Great ways YOU can get involved:
- Join a Friends of Internationals event and get to know some International Students
- Become a Host Family for International Students (Info at CAIF Website)
Check our Facebook Group (Friends of Internationals-Clemson) or Event Pages for the latest and more detailed info.
- Make a Donation for Ministry Expenses here: https://squareup.com/store/CUFriends/item/online-gift
- Become a Financial Partner with the Varners Here: http://bit.ly/J-AVarner
- Read more about our funding here: Our 2-Fold Vision for Support
- Clemson's International Population (Updated for Fall 2017)
- Past Annual Calendar of Events 2016-17
If you would like to volunteer with Friends of Internationals-Clemson BCM, please fill out the form below.